• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel capacity?

Wolfie

Everywhere I look it says the m1009 has a 27/gal tank...why does my '86 only take 20 gallons?

AJMBLAZER

Do these trucks have a system like modern fuel injected gassers with the fuel vapor return lines and all that? I had a Ranger where the charcoal canister was practically solid and after replacing it I could put an extra gallon or two in on empty tank fill ups.

NorthPatrol

I was kind of wondering that myself. I was a little under 1/4 tank and filled it. Now if the tank truely is 27 gallons it should have taken over 20 to fill it and it only took 16. That would make it a 20 gallon tank?

Hmmmm.......

NorthPatrol

AJMBLAZER said:
Should be 28 or so gallons just like all of them. GM only offered a 28 or 31(32?) gallon tank in the K5 Blazers/Jimmy's.
Not completely accurate. Up until 1978 they offered a 20 and 31 gallon tank. After that they offered a 24 and 31. However in the specs for the M1009 they list it as having a 27.

And if you look at replacement tanks that are offered they list them as 25 and 31.

Wolfie

No dents that I know of...I'll have to check the sending unit 'cause this is royally confusing now...perhaps someone changed my tank somewhere along the way.