• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Issues - No Start

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know. Hope it fits. Looked like the right one.

Couldn't wait on you anymore Gimpy. :) Needed a pump!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I understand, been busy trying to put all my crap away from haspin and my girlfriend just moved back from Pa. Looks like you got a good deal though.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PTO shaft has to come out.

Does the Steering have to be fussed with typically?

Will the IP lift out the top or drop somehow out the bottom? Which is easiest?

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think I have nearly everything removed that needs to come out - out. EXCEPT for the IP.

Removed the gear from the front... forgot to mark its alignment so I'm sure I'll pay for that later.

My problem is the hub underneath the pulley? Looks like its press fit to the IP? Can't figure out how to get a puller on it. I haven't resorted to hammering yet.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The gear doesn't need marked, doesn't need pulled either, but we are past that now! Anyway, unbolt and pull it out.

Did you line up the disc in the advance unit window?

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a line on the wheel? in the little square window. The pointer is right on it.

I removed the three bolts holding the unit on but it won't budge. The new unit has a tapered shaft so I figured the hub was pressed on and keeping it from coming out.

Imma hammer on it just a little bit in that case?

welldigger

Did you remove the bolts from the back of the pump. And I believe there are more than 3 on the front. The pump should fall off when fully unbolted.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three bolts on the back. Out.

Not sure what holds it in the front.

I'm looking at the new pump and can't figure it out.

Three holes holding the back on and a threaded tapered shaft in the front.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. Hammered lightly on the old IP shaft. The pump moved just a hair and opened up a crack. It doesn't just fall out. Thats all it moves:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/7C591B3E-BBF6-4F4F-BDD8-EBD25888DF39_zpsiqvkzsdw.jpg

2. The new pump has a tapered shaft and holds the "hub" I cannot get pulled. I know you guys say the gear and hub don't have to come out - but the IP is taper fit into the hub? I'm not entirely sure this pump is identical. Everything seems very similar but the lower hole on the old IP is threaded and this one is not:
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/AD6AB0F2-A365-40B1-9F5A-C06E388C4FFA_zpsppdzouzn.jpg

3. Put the bolts back in the hub and tried to pull it off by hand. I turned the IP a little but that shouldn't matter since the gear is removed and the engine itself didn't turn?
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a70/ninechaos/7CFB41D5-373E-4A27-9411-62249B44F250_zpsgxgk4nu3.jpg

I didn't even feel comfortable taking the HH head off and now I'm in a world of ****. :(

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a Lone Star and went back to take a less pissed off look at the problem.

I can see one more fuel line connected. Maybe thats holding up progress but doesn't look like it. Will try again tomorrow. :(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks