• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fuel leak

rtfd436

Hi all, new to the site. I did a search on turning up a ldt465 and it lead me here. I learned what to do and proceded to shot myself in the foot;-) I,m a volunteer firefighter and we have a 2.5 ton for a grass rig, it's painfully slow. Idon't have pyro so I'm watching intake psi, I gave it about 1/2 turn and drove it. I see a small gain and a peak of 8psi, but smell diesel while driving. I found fuel dripping on the turbo ( oh good we get to the fire quicker,,,, but now we are the fire! ) There is a fitting on the intake pipe above the turbo, it has two tubes - one leading to what I'm guessing is a return line from the injectors, the other goes to a mechanism on the intake. What can I do about his, we will be running straight diesel in the truck if that matters. Thanks Jim

54reo

That is the flame heater. Disconnect it and forget it.

They are noted for leaking fuel into the intake. You will never need it anyway.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you do a search for flame heater leak, you'll find the info about replacing the o-rings in the nozzle so it dosnt leak. i think replacing the o-rings would be easier than disconnecting everything. better having the flame heater than not having it if it got cold. but yes, they still should start down to 20 degrees with good batterys

Alredneck

Banned
I just ditched the intake preheater on the 250 cummins as well. It was easy, bolted up a civy intake![thumbzup]

deathrowdave

Spend time and money to repair it !!! Mine works great would hate not to have it now that I know how well it works!!! Have a great and safe day,Dave

Flyingvan911

I just bought a manifold heater nozzle from Memphis Equip. It is easy to switch. Even with the flame heater I have to crank my deuce a few times to get it to start when the temp gets down below 40-45 degrees. Only fuel leak I can find is wetness around the IP head.

Memphis part number: 2990 9086 323 $62.50 plus shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks