• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel Line Fitting Question

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I broke off the fitting (see attached) between the rubber primary filter hose and the I.P. I was able to get the piece out of the I.P. using a "easy out" but I cannot find a replacement fitting anywhere. I found the part (6VBTXB) in the 20P TM' but not details. Can anyone give me the thread size that goes into the I.P? Also, does the fitting have to be angled or can I use a straight in fitting which would work better for me.

Thanks,

Attachments

Last edited:

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've got a couple laying around too, give me your address and I'll send it to you. Don't see any reason you couldn't use a straight fitting, other than the location of the line.

Ed

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. I am going to San Antonio tomorrow to see if I have any luck. If not you will definitely hear from me and I really appreciate the prompt response and offers.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just pulled one off a spare pump, it looks like 1/4" pipe on one end and flare fitting on the other. I can put this in the mail tomorrow, but I think you should be able to find something locally faster, let me know.

Ed

Attachments

rlwm211

You may have to go to the Gas fittings at your local building supply to find the type of fitting you need. Most nick nack flare and compression fitting sections do not go that big.

If you cannot get the fitting in the 45, get a 45 street elbow and then a pipe to flare fitting and make sure you use teflon tape on the threads.

Hope this helps

RL

rlwm211

What ever works and you are comfortable with. It matters little as long as you do something to make sure the threads do not leak.

RL

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you cannot get the fitting in the 45, get a 45 street elbow and then a pipe to flare fitting and make sure you use teflon tape on the threads.

Hope this helps

RL
I would not do this , you went to keep as close as you can to the hard mount, because the further out you get, the more weight and viberation the mounting fitting will be under, (this case the street ellbow) which can cause it to crack
just my 2cents

runk

That part number is a Parker fitting-
Parker - 6 VTX-B

3/8 triple-lok flare tube fitting (37 deg, JIC), 1/4 NPTF pipe, brass

But I can only find 6VTXB's in the more current catalogs, I think the extra "B" is one with a nut and backup ring for the tube.

Any 37 deg flare (or JIC) type from a Hydraulic supply house should work.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't agree! It is not 37* JIC. That little stuff is 45* flare fitting. Its 1/4 MNPT on the IP end. If your going to town, take that whole hose off, back to the metal line, and take it with you. Wouldn't hurt to replace it anyway. Go to a place that specializes in hydraulic hoses. "Push-On" hose would do the job. I think its rated for 300 psi.

Bill W

runk

That part number is definitely a 37 deg (or JIC). I don't know if the actual part matches the number. But, 45 deg is generally used in CGA (compressed gasses) applications, not liquids. We have both at work, and it is a pain since they both use the same thread sizes. If you use the wrong fitting, you will generally crack the flare on the tube, and then have to make a new tube.
The easy way to tell if you have a 45 deg is to put two of them together, and they will make a nice 90 deg. corner. You can also match one against a 45 deg triangle.