• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gasser Exhaust Part ID?

Barrman

I have been looking for a Gasser Fording extention for the exhaust. This was suggested to me as what I was looking for. I have looked through the picture manuals and can't find it. They also don't list out the fording parts, so it could be missing because it is the correct part. But, any Gasser fording pipe is going to have to be bent about 90 degrees to work. The flange looks about the right size and so does the bend, almost. Just trying to see if the part gets a new home.

Thanks.

Attachments

acetomatoco

It looks like part of the exhaust for heating the water tank on the M50 Water Tanker....I have one somewhere..Exhaust was routed thru a coil in the tank before exiting the truck....I am still 1500 miles from my early Ord 9s, but sure looks like it to me...

Barrman

You are correct about the M50 part. According to the pictures, it is very similar, but I don't think it is the same.

Seems to me, if this was a fording pipe, it just would go to the top of the bed rail and then another one would go on top of this one.

Boatcarpenter

Too far away

Too far away to do you much good, but my recollection is that the pictured crates all have parts for a gasser fording kit. Air intake extension, pipe with clamps to support it, a new mushroon cap, and some exhaust parts, I think a piece of exhaust pipe and a heat shield. On the Deuce pictured, the pipe with the clamps on it came from one of those kits.
The mushroom and bracket pictured also were in the kit. Can't help you any more than that because we didn't take the exhaust parts.
If you want more info, try to PM towerguy1, he's in Maine and so are the kits :D
BC

Attachments

acetomatoco

RE: Too far away

Wow, those kits look like the bunch Nate Schwartz had in Clinton MA, years ago.... They were for the 5 ton Gasser Dump Truck... I sold a couple of them to VTDeuceDriver as the intake pipes can be used on any of the 5 ton gassers, but the exhaust was funny to get around the dump body as the pipe exited between the rear duals...They show up once in a while at Weare. All of the parts had IHC part #s on them as the early 5 tonners had contracts shared by IHC, DiaT, and Mack... Looks OK on the Deuce Turbo...too.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Realize this is an old thread but that part is not for a deuce gasser fording kit. I have two sitting in the barn and they are more "S" shaped with a 90 degree twist in them

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, but they are complete kits. If you just need the exhaust PM Wreckerman. I gave him 2 of the exhaust extensions at the GA rally last year. If you really need one i'll send you one from the kits but it will be awhile before I get back home.:beer:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barrman, If you are interested so am I. I would be interested in the mushroom and the intake/mount. Exhaust can go to you! LMK!