• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gen 2 light wont go out

landry1

the gen 2 light hasnt gone out while driving it. When i first start it up its on then when i give it some fuel it goes away.... pretty simple. Now i have been driving it and it wont go away. Should i run and drive it a lot so it will get enough charge????

thxs

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like your belt is slipping really bad or your alternator needs a rebuild.

Do you have a voltmeter? Can you check the voltage output?

You can take the alternator off and have a parts store check it.

Just tell them to attach the ground clamp to the Ground Terminal and not the case. Do a seacrh on Isolated Ground for more info.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't feel bad - I own a Dodge Durango that has had the engine light on for 130,000 miles. Every time I bring it in, the techs say nothing is wrong, reset the light, and the next day the light is back on.

I'm beginning to think that the engine light is an optional feature of the truck, and not warning me of anything.

Shop Rat Fab

Both mine and my brothers does the same thing when you start them you need to rev it up to get the light to go out but since yours no longer goes out when reving it sounds like as mentioned before the belt is loose or alt is bad. I had both mine tested at the local auto parts store and they only showed to make 10.5 volts yet both of them where good and we made sure they were hooked up right. You could also swap the alts side to side and see if that makes a difference. Again what is the voltmeter doing when its running?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks