• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

General Lee Euro Farquaad

Darwin T

General Lee Euro Farquaad (M1031) has made it home. Starting on Tuesday May 3rd until Friday May 6th I was on the recovery. 0400 on 05/03/11 left my houseand went to my local airport to catch a shuttle bus. Took the shuttle bus to George Bush Intercontinental Airport, Houston, Texas. Took a flight from Houston to Chicago O'hare. Took a cab to where my truck was parked. Did the paperwork and took off. Dealing with Jeff at Motorsource, Inc in Highland Park, Il was Great and I would buy from him anytime. Drove to Davenport, Iowa to visit my outlaws (use to be my In-laws) my X sister-in-law and niece and nephew. that was about 1262 miles the first day.

05/04/11
hit the road about 0830 headed South to I-55. Drove through the 2nd layer of H*ll or should i say the 0.2 layer of H*ll or I-55 through Missouri. For some reason Missouri has put a "Mile Marker" every .2 miles. this makes a trip seem 5 times as long. if you see a marker with 48.8 on it and you are driving south then you see another marker with 48.4 you feel like you have not moved because the mile # is still the same. I couls see mile marker 48.0, 47.8, 47.6, 47.4 and 47.2 all at the same time. Made it to Marion, Arkansas and found out my passenger side head light had burnt out, just at sunset. There was a KOA Campground at the next exit so i pulled in for the night.
that was about 542 miles the second day.

05/05/11
planned to head West on I-40 towards Little Rock to buy an M101a3 trailer, but I-40 was shutdown due to flooding. I had also planned to stop by Memphis Equipment Company in Memphis before heading West. so i headed to Memphis and made a stop at Memphis Equipment, is was awaome. the web site does not do it justice, this place is huge. bought a fiberglass roof for my M109a3 that i am going to put my M66 gun ring on (so the roof will not rust). then headed South on I-55 towards Louisiana. i thought about turning West through Louisiana but i was not sure about the roads and the flooding. went all the way to I-12 in Hammon, LA turned West and headed home. Hit I-10 in Baton Rouge then about 1800 i was entering Lafayett, La and remembered my head light was out. what sould i do, head light out on the highway or hotel when i am 2.5 hours from home. hotel in Lafayett!
that was about 450 miles the third day.

05/06/11
up at 0600 breakfast the the road. stopped and showed off my new truck to a friend in Texas. headed Home pulled into the driveway just before noon. this is now my longest recovery by about 265 miles. beats out Brunswick, Ga to Port Arthur, TX in a M35a2 by miles not by abuse. Glad to be home!!
that was 127 miles the fourth day

total miles = about 2380.5

Now i would like ya'll to meet "General Lee Euro Farquaad"

Attachments

Darwin T

thanks guys. was a great trip. i am going to bring him to my mechanic this week for a once over to see if there is anything i need to get fixed. i have almost no mechanical skills.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This will be the fourth identical dually SECM CUCV that uses the old Dodge body I have seen. I wonder if anyone knows if the rear fenders were some kind of kit, and if these trucks started out as single rear wheel and then had the Dually MWO applied? Nice truck by the way!

ryan77

Nice truck you were 20 mins from me on that pick up!!! Let me know next time your up here, i will buy you a beer!!

Darwin T

Does that MV have a 12V or 24V electrical system? I think I see just ONE battery.
it is the standard 24/12 system, here is a better pict.

This will be the fourth identical dually SECM CUCV that uses the old Dodge body I have seen. I wonder if anyone knows if the rear fenders were some kind of kit, and if these trucks started out as single rear wheel and then had the Dually MWO applied? Nice truck by the way!
the truck is listed as a M1028A2/3 which is a dually. i guess the box was addapted.

Sounds like a great trip just a little shorter than my M1031 recovery from Atlanta GA to Lakewood WA. Nice Dually[thumbzup]
****, you made a long trip. glad you made it safe. i thought mine from Brunswick, GA to port arthur, TX was a long one.

Nice truck you were 20 mins from me on that pick up!!! Let me know next time your up here, i will buy you a beer!!
heck yea!:beer:

Attachments

Darwin T

how can you tell the bed is a dodge? do you think the pto genset and air compressor will work if the truck is chevy and the bed is dodge or should i buy a different genset with its own power source? i can take picture and if needed measure the rear fenders. i want to know as much about the truck as possible. :drool:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Dodge boxes have longer forward tool boxes. The bottom of the front boxes on the M1031 looks to line up with the truck floor. Taillights is also a dead giveaway. You may be able to adapt the PTO system but since you have the tracks in the front of the box I would make a pallet and install a Miller Trailblazer welder or the like, can also double as a genset. Not only that, you can convert it to propane and add a large propane bottle in the torch compartment and run your cutting rig off of propane. I like it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks