• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

gettin my deuce

kx250m1

just a couple quick easy questions,
what type and weight of oil do I need for:
transmission
transfer case
axles,

and will regular brakefluid work just to fill the master cylinder if it happens to be a little low, I think it would be fine, I just want to make sure

hopefully everything is full, I just want to have the oil and supplies with in case something is low, I looked at this truck while bidding, but did not check all fluid levels, but there were no noticeable leaks, and brakes had good pressure, also I am picking this up this thursday at Fort McCoy WI, and planning on driving it home to southeast WI, and hoping for no problems

Attachments

kx250m1

I have read that post, but what I am looking for is what type of oil to get for axles transmission and transfer case, from a local store, and an opinion on dot 3 mixing with dot 5, if it is low, thanks though

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DOT 3 does not mix with DOT 5, and your brakes will fail if you do. The deuce should have DOT 5 in them. NAPA and most auto parts stores carry DOT 5, but it is expensive. Spruce Mountain Surplus has gallons for $40, which is a great deal compared to the auto parts stores. I think there is also a classified ad on Steel Soldiers for $15 a gallon, plus $10 shipping, on the USGI surplus DOT 5.

The lube for the tranny, transfer and axles should be standard 80-90W gear oil, available cheaply at any local parts outlet.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just made a pickup and went to Autozone and got whatever they had in a GL5 with MT1 rating AND all the bottles of DOT-5 brake fluid they had.

I do not think I would be mixing the two types of brake fluid though.

jimm1009

Be careful that you don't purchased DOT 5.1. It is NOT the same or compatible with DOT 5 fluid. DOT 5 is silicone and 5.1 is not.
Just a thought.
Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks