• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Getting ready to paint

Barrman

I'm not sure a Tom Tom will lead you to his house either. I have been there a few times. Always coming from the same direction. I tried to find his place coming from the other direction in the dark once. Not a good idea.

kcimb

halftrack said:
kcimb said:
Hey Sermis,

Where is Temple, Tx? I live up in Ft Worth...if you need help sometime i might be able to swing through and lend a hand.
You better get a TOM TOM or you will never find him.
Tom tom? Is that the name of your homing pigeon or something?

(yeah yeah, I know it's a GPS)

Rebelpride

wheels & engine paint

This may be a stupid question, but do the front wheels have manual lock hubs. And did
you tape off or cover anything up when you sprayed the engine? Can you spray it w/o
any after effects.

sermis

Overson lockout hubs on the front. I did not tape anything. Sandblasted and painted. Anything with bearings or openings I trued not to blast direct.
I need to get some new pic's up.

sermis

Well I took it on a 100 mile trip. Other than the SAND comming out from everywhere it was ok. One hub getting hot but it is the one I replaced the bearings in so maybe too tight. I ran out of sand and still have some small parts to finish up.

Attachments

Srjeeper

Nice job!

sermis, the truck looks good, all the hard work certainly paid off. Where did you find all the new dash plates?

sermis

RE: Nice job!

I still need to paint the underside of the bed and a few odds and ends.
I will need to replace most of my gauges. I taped them off but not good enough. Sand still got to the glass when blasting and frosted them and then I also used lacquer thinner and it clouded the ones with plastic.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Nice job!

I bought all new gauges for mine.......everything but the tach from Saturn and an NOS tach from Acetomatoco..................

sermis

Total was about 60 100# bags. If I would have put down a tarp and sifted it would have been less. I think it ran about $5 per bag but in the 100 degree heat I reall did not feel like sifting.

redass73

mine could use fenders and rockers too. Have been wanting to blast this truck. cost about $900 to do one a few years ago. thought we could save some cash doing it myself. did you rent your blaster and compresser.
rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks