• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to look at a Deuce. What batteries to take?

jpl

I have found a Deuce I may be intersted in(My First!). I'm sure the batteries will either be gone or completely dead/bad. I have a dozen or more heavy duty 12 volt batteries setting around, but I am a complete dumby as to how a 24 volt system works. It can't be as simple as taking (2) 12 volt's with me is it? If so, how exactly do I hook them up? What do I need as far as batteries to be able to attempt start this thing? Thanks for your help in advance?

Richmond

all you do is hook the positive on one battery to the negative on the other with a short cable, then hook your positive and negative on the truck to the batteries

dittle

The 24V is accomplished by hooking the 2 12V batteries in series with each other like Richmond explained. On the explanation below when standing beside the passenger side of the truck looking at the battery box Batt 1 is the battery towards the fuel tank, Batt 2 is towards the front axel.

Truck GND Cable>Batt 1 Negative
Batt 1 Positive>Batt 2 Negative
Batt 2 Positive>Truck Positive Cable

Last edited:

Barneyszoo

If you get the truck make sure the batteries are held down inplace in the box before you drive it home. DUG can back me on the importance of this. HAHA

jpl

Thanks for the response. I tried searching for the answer on here before I posted. I'm sure the answer was here somewhere, but it's either elusive or my searching skills are lacking. I did a google search too and now have a much better understanding of how the 24 volt system works.

Barney, that sounds like some pretty sound advice!

jimm1009

Welcome to the site.

If you get this Deuce or any other former military vehicle your searching skills (& Posting) will greatly improve, I promise.

Look at the number of threads that any one person posts over the couse of a couple of years or so if they are active here.

May the Force be with you!
Perform your searches and ask questions.
Download the Lube Order and read it about 5 times and then download and read the -10 TM two or three times.
These are the essential starting docuemnts for any vehicle and then branch out towards maintenance from there.

jimm1009

scrapman

Picking up an unknown truck involves patience, kool-aid, sandwiches, & a flare gun. Take tools, $$$$, a buddy (great for placing the blame on) and allow yourself 3 times the amount of time you "think" it should take. And oh yeah, video & pictures are great because , us being men, we love to laugh at others "adventures." But if you find yourself in a tight spot you can find help here. A working knowledge of problems & solutions abound here, along with recipes for roadkill so you won't be broke down or hungry for long. MMMMMM ROADKILL!!:drool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks