• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got her running If you hand throttle it throttles up gas pedal it dies

gtmustang196767

very true, im going to get them all tomorow, we just wanted to make sure it would roll and fire before spending money on filters and all that, we cleaned all the fuel filters and housing before hands to prevent severe junk getting into the pump or anything like that, i will be doing all the fuel filters tomm, and trying to run it again with clean filters before i do the kerosene deal, after the filters if it still acts up ill do the kerosene deal, than change the oil and filters and fire it up again, if still wacked out after that i will pull the hh and check out the plate you are talking about thanks for the location on the part numbers by the way

gtmustang196767

okay so update, Today after changing all the filters i tried to fire it up and it would run AT ALL, so i said screw this im gunna rip off the HH so thats what i did, folllowed the instructions in the sticky got it off in a little over an hour after getting the heater out of my way lol so i got the last four of the bolts out for the head and it was nice and lose and ready to come out i pulled it and the clip for the button had fallen off and is broken so i need me one of those for sure lol, besides that im not sure else what to look for but everything else seems okay, im attaching pics and a video, also now having the head off and seeing how far the plunger moves, when i did the wood dowl test it was MOST definitely not moving up and down

Jeepsinker

As close as you are, you need to push the spring down and remove the valve keepers from the plunger stem, then pull the spring guide and spring off. Once it is off, you'll be able to see the bow tie shaped drive key and see if it is cracked or broken.

gtmustang196767

Is there and trick to getting it apart? As far as I can tell that plate looks intact but I'd like to check it anyways since your suspicions led me to rip the hh of in the first place, also where can I get the button retainer? And plate of need be

Jeepsinker

I'll try and get some pics of how I take them apart when I go into the shop later. You can get the parts from Ambac, or post a want ad in the classifieds and several members here will be able to get you the part or parts you may need.

gtmustang196767

cool, im gunna try and get to the drive key later today or tomorrow took a break for the the holidays, you said earlier try and pull the spring and plunger out of the head, without taking the spring apart or after?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sounds like just the button retainer to me. I'd soak it(submerged if possible) with a bunch of ATF to eat any varnish thats left and by the time you get it back together it should be good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks