• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Government Liquidation Questions

DXTAC

I have my CUCV and now my dad wants his but he wants to go through GL. Does anyone know the actual procedures for bidding/buying through GL? We are both registered but how does the End-User Certificate thing work? If i've/we've never bought/bid through them can I fill one out (EUC) and still bid waiting the approval or do you have to be approved first? If the paperwork has not been approved before the end of the auction can we still win the item? We have both been in our homes for the past 10 years so the confirmation of address won't be an issue. Who knows I may get a 1008 now!!!

Thanks in advance!!!

scranch18121

you have to "win" the item first. Every item you win has to have an EUC sent in for approval. If you do a search here there are plenty of threads. Also read the GL web site for instructions.

Your euc has to match the buyer.

good luck !

KsM715

Yep, register, bid, have the high bid, get notified that you were the high bidder the following day, then fill out the EUC and wait for approval.

In other words you dont file an EUC till after you "win" something that requires it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And be warned, dealing with GL is not like anything you have ever done before! Expect a long frustrating wait and remember, if you don't preview and make your own evaluation, you'll be sorry.(99% of the time)

DXTAC

We live West of Chicago and these are all at Ft. McCoy so we are going to go and inspect them first. If anyone wants to know about a particular item at auction lemme know and I will take a gander and let you know how it looks!!

Thanks all!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a pretty nice tutorial on the GL website. Probably worth the time to find it.

GPappy

And be warned, dealing with GL is not like anything you have ever done before! Expect a long frustrating wait and remember, if you don't preview and make your own evaluation, you'll be sorry.(99% of the time)
I wanted to bid on a trailer they have in Lansing Mi but when I called the number listed it was some guy in Arizona who said no one would be available for previews. Guess you have to know someone at the facility if you want to do an evaluation. Based on the bidding so far I would guess someone did get in

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two words for you, good and luck.

You only need an EUC for an item listed as needing and EUC on the page for the item.

As for getting the EUC approved that's the big story. Lots of people waiting upwards of 60 days now.

My EUC went through in 3.5 days three weeks ago on my 5-ton tractor so I guess they like me now.......

;-)

steve

Shop Rat Fab

GPAPPY: When I picked up my 1009 the guy said he is only there at the Lansing yard 2x a week and depending on other auctions elsewhere in the Michigan, Ind, Ohio area he might only be there once every other week.
DXTAC: I won my 1st 1009 the day before New Years Eve 09 and it took me till March 11th 2010 before I could pick it up. The EUC took 45 business days to clear. Make sure the EUC is filled out perfect do not mis anything and then wait. Get ready to pay your 10% buyer premium, $60 for SF97, Tax, some phone bills, Rolaids, Tums, make sure you have a good clock to watch time tic by, a calander to mark off the days, a good marker to mark off the days, make sure have paper in your printer and take the paper work with you.
Seriously my transaction went smooth with a few miinor bumps and I am happy with the POS I bought it just takes time for a first timer.