• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Graves Mountain Rally Syria Virginia 2024

CGarbee

Just a reminder for folks attending the event that the Madison County Historical Society has the mountain museum in Criglersville (near Lindsey Lane with the low water crossing and pedestrian swinging bridge (set to be demolished by the State) open on Sundays.
If you are making a road ride down to wash your tires, it's worth a visit to see both the bridge and the museum while you are in the area.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just a reminder for folks attending the event that the Madison County Historical Society has the mountain museum in Criglersville (near Lindsey Lane with the low water crossing and pedestrian swinging bridge (set to be demolished by the State) open on Sundays.
If you are making a road ride down to wash your tires, it's worth a visit to see both the bridge and the museum while you are in the area.
I've been on that bridge. Notably when Neil Hendricks drove his deuce through the river at full tilt and I got his picture (that later got published in the MVPA magazine).

CGarbee

I've been on that bridge. Notably when Neil Hendricks drove his deuce through the river at full tilt and I got his picture (that later got published in the MVPA magazine).
I believe that you are talking about this photo... I miss Neil...
A similar photo exists of me driving my XM708 through the water with the windshield down... Just after the photo posted was taken, a wall of water came up over the cowl such that not only could I not see to drive, but one cannot see me in the photo...
We also have a photo with David Pizzoferrato and Donna crossing the low bridge (I think from the first year that they attended the event since they have been bringing the Hercules powered M715 recently) and one of David solo in the M715.

Attachments

Last edited:

CGarbee

Two reminders:
1) The closest fuel is 12 miles from the Lodge in Madison, so get gas/diesel on your way in....

2) When you come to the event, keep an eye out for Chopper... and other four legged friends...
Well minded furry family members are always welcome to attend and enjoy the event and the environs..
(Thanks to Blake for posting this photo elsewhere so that I could "borrow" it... )

Attachments

CGarbee

Chuck and I assembled the HQ tent and positioned the HQ trailer and signs today. We are meeting for breakfast at Syria store tommorrow at 0800 Then we will be opening the back gate to the event field and putting up the Burma Shave signs.

Attachments

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey @SGSC-G4, are you the range master again this year? My family and I would like to do some shooting. We'll be there Friday through Sunday mid-day. How should we arrange the opportunity?
See you soon,
Bulldogger, SWMBO and Little Dog

CGarbee

Tonight
Including a presentation on the 29th Division , especially in honor of our local boys who went ashore in forty-four...

Attachments

CGarbee

A HUGE thanks to Chuck (BMAN) and his family, Dennis Harlow and his family, Mike, Donna, the Graves family, Blake, Robert, and everyone else who pitched in to help with logistics and activities before, during, and after the event!
The list is always long, and it gets longer every year!

I had a great time visiting with everyone and am looking forward to hosting the party again next year!
(The event for those that like to plan ahead will be held August 27-September 1, 2025)

CGarbee

Thanks for posting the photos!
It's great seeing where everyone went over the weekend, especially since we have such a variety of trails and places for folks to drive and visit.

Hope to see you again at the event next year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks