• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Greetings from Germany

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Paint tan rectangles where the numbers go. A good set of numbers I remember from the past is

passenger side front 8 followed by a black filled in triangle followed by 202FSB. Passenger side front put C-6

The C-6 goes on the passenger side on the rear tailgate lower corner. 8triangle202FSB on driver side.

Vehicle would be for 8th Infantry Division, 202nd Forward Support Battalion, C Company, Commanders vehicle. Next you would need to put a AN/VRC-47 in it with the MX6707 behind the drivers side door and the Aux antenna to the rear of the passenger side door.

Einheit wurde bei Sullivan Barracks, Käfertal (Mannheim), Deutschland und nutzte die CUCV um von 1986 bis 1990.

Wenn Sie in Deutschland leben irgendwo anders, könnte ich wahrscheinlich einzugrenzen, eine lokale Einheit, aber Deutschland ist ein großer Platz, ohne die eine Stadt in Ihrem Profil.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
OK then scratch that.

Go with the following for Frankfurt am Main then you can go with Hanau based 122nd Main Support Battalion.

3 (then an open unfilled triangle) then 122MSB and on the other side F-6. Same radio layout. Commander for the medical company.

So why the medical company for 3rd Armor? They were about the only units other than Corps and Theater level units that deployed with CUCV's and a few got painted tan. On some other threads on this website, I posted photos of some CUCV's in Desert Storm.

Thanks for all the description, may I please ask for more explanation, current signs on vehicle are as follows, do they make sense, what do they tell?
- the retaining plate shows red "C" and black "03" below.
- on the fender there is USMSC 1027 (I guess is United States Marine Corps, right?),
the door shows large chevron
the tailgate on the left "37-2F 122", on the right "HQ 2"

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
No to USMSC1027. It is not Marine Corps.

2F-122 is 2nd Battalion 122 Field Artillery part of the 33rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team of the IL Army National Guard

HQ-2 is the intelligence officer for that battalion.

C03 is the weight classification of the vehicle for crossing bridges.

You can do a websearch on the unit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks