• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

H1 12 bolt wheel instructions

DTL

I read the "Billavista" thread on Pirate 4x4 about the beadlocks, but I'm looking for some more H1 wheel specific info. I need to take apart, clean/paint and reassemble a set of H1 wheels for my M1008. Is there a TM section that covers these things with torque specs, etc.?

Thanks!

TCUCV

I just did this when putting my H1 ~ 12 bolts wheels on . . . I recommend getting these https://www.real4wd.com/zedSuite/catalog/partdetail.aspx?PartNo=RCSK17877&orderdetailid=70356 o-rings. Ofcourse there are two types of H1 wheels, a 3850 lb wheel and a 3400? lb wheel. This is what Kascar told me over the phone. The H1 wheel should indicate on the actual wheel what it is, mine says 3850, so I purcased the o-rings in the link. After I took the wheels apart I cleaned them very well and sanded down where the 2 pieces would meet and also added a little grease. I oiled the oring and put the wheels back together. I torqued the bolts to 75-80 ft lbs, then went back around and torqued them to 120 ft lbs. Everything seems to be fine with the wheels so far, no leaks and holding air pretty well. Just my experience with my H1 wheels, hope this helps

Attachments

Ghost2012

TCUCV,

I have a BUNCH of questions about your truck! That looks awesome!

What axle/backspace/tire combo are you running?
How hard were they to balance?
Are you running the Mag/Rubber/No runflats?

TCUCV

TCUCV,

I have a BUNCH of questions about your truck! That looks awesome!

What axle/backspace/tire combo are you running?
How hard were they to balance?
Are you running the Mag/Rubber/No runflats?
Thanks man, I managed to get a lot of great info from this forum before lifting my truck. There are great people on here...its a M1008 so the front axle is a dana60 & 14 bolt rear. The wheels are stock H1 and I put a 2" spacer behind them and the wheels don't even stick out past the fenders. The tires are 36/12.50 with no runflats and I used little bags of beads to balance the tires. So far so good:driver:

Ghost2012

I always wanted the 36.5/37 SS Military specials... but so far those elude me. I also need to do something about my frame before I go to bigger rubber. How goes the steering box on your truck?

Ghost2012

The M1008has a stronger frame than a M1009 what are your questions about your frame and steering box?
Most of it is related to the strength of the 1009 frame (specifically the front, firewall forward).

I need to know what I can do to get rid of all the cracking I am seeing. I am repairing what I can, but basically, how hard we off road the old girl... I need a new body.

WARWAG

If your steering box frame mount is cracked then you need to purchase O.R.D bolt on frame steering box brace and there weld on reinforcment brace as well. The Steering bolt on brace is about $130 and the weld on brace is $75. You will need to have that weld on breinforcement brace welded on first them mount the bolt on brace. If you have alot of cracks in other places then you need to get those welded up pronto. I would have someone reinforce those points as well. Maybe box in that section after welding up the cracks.

ORD Chevy GM Steering Box Brace and Bolt-in Frame Repair

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks