• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hampshire, Illinois to GA rally or to FL, wood crate(M-Gator bed)

Stonepicker1

I have a lead on a New, in a wood crate M-Gator bed that is in Hampshire, Illinois(Northeast Illinois). I would need it pickup. Maybe taken to a shipping company or transported south.
I would like to get it close to Florida or pick it up at the GA Rally in Oct.

PM me if you can help.
Phil

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohio may be another drop off point as many members there make the trek to the GA Rally.

Stonepicker1

How big is it?? I might be able to help
I'm waiting on the guy to get back with me on the size and wt. of the crate. He's asking a lot of money for cargo bed($1K)
The bed should be around 59.5"x45.2"x9.2"(WxLxH) made of 10-gauge steel.
I have a 2001 M-Gator and I think the cargo bed that the guy has is for a M-GatorA2. Should fit the same I think. It should just have updated Tie Downs(8 external ones)

My old bed is not that bad, if I do get this new bed. I will make a trailer out of the old bed that hooks up to the pintle hitch.

Stonepicker1

I found another new M-Gator cargo bed in Melrose Park, Illinois for a better price. Its New out of the crate. Its almost half the price. Anyone near there that could pickup the bed(two man lift) let me know. Not in a hurry to get it to me.

eagle4g63

I may be able to get it and get it down to the fall Haspin rally, not sure if that would help out.......sure would be nice if in return you could find me a tent frame you want to sell(hint hint!!)

Stonepicker1

I just talked to the seller. Pickup can be done after 5pm on the weekdays. He has help to load the bed(two man lift).
pickup on Sat also is ok. He said call the day before to make sure he will there.

eagle4g63...if you get the bed to the GA Rally that would be great.
flingarrows or ryan77...could you get with eagele4g63 to see what can be done. I don't want you to have to store or load/unload/load if you don't have too.
i pm his phone number to you all. Thanks.

eagle4g63

I was talking the "Haspin Rally" Sparky and I were talking that maybe we can try to get everyone on board with the last week of September so not to interfere with the Georgia Rally. I think Gimpy goes down to the Georgia rally and I can get it to him if he goes to the Haspin rally.

Otherwise if all else fails I can try to set up a meet with one of the guys in Ohio that are going to the George Rally and trade off with them.

Stonepicker1

I'm working on another option with Freight Quote as a backup. If this works out I would just need it picked up and dropped at a freight company. Give me some time to get this worked. Thanks everyone for your help. Phil

Stonepicker1

I got some info back from freight quote. Lakeville Motor Express is the company. Drop off would be Lyons, 60534 / Normal, 61761 or Rock Island, 61201.
Let me know if anyone can do part or all of the picking up and drop off.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks