• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Harbor freight 2000lb trans jack tall enough for deuce?

digitaldust

you can TX me 810-five 77.3524 anytime , I have a easy trick ,

you open windows front and back of cab ,
install a HF winch 12vdc or 110v vac . on a strong square tube steel stock then
using the chain on trans lid bolts to lift the trans up into truck you need to be level going into the motor

and very long trans bell bolts from hardware as centering and drawing till you can install your standard trans bolts i

It goes very easy from the top side of truck

I did it in the 30's blowing rain and snow

jacks and motor lifts are just not pulling it level into the correct location as easy as a wench on a bar thru the front window and out back of cab

Feel free to call

m816

I bought one from Harbor freight and it was a piece of junk. I almost lost a couple fingers. The biggest one they sell is not strong enough for a truck trans. Use the chainfall on a tanker bar through the winshield ( open it first and use a "c" clamp to prevent it from sliding) I use a shackle between the hook on the chainfall and the bar so it slides easier. You still have to jiggle and push it until the bol;ts line up. just don't let the input shaft bear all the weight . It will slide right in after that and you can pull it up with the bolts. It's a three beer job at most.

466Navastar

everybody has different skills and access to different equipt......every job can be approached several ways...so there is NO right and No wrong way....just a SAFE way...........listen to your inner voice when youre dealing with heavy components that can be life changing - if things go wrong...............save the beer for when you're celebrating a job well done

Be safe guys - the future of this hobby depends on YOU staying healthy... with 10 finger and ten toes and a BIG smile on your face - when you look at your MV....and your wife....(shes looking over my shoulder)

stancanpara

Yup, it also works on the transfercase if you add a couple of pieces on angle iron. . .but sometimes you just have to get the tricycle out for the really heavy duty stuff!
I wish I could afford a nice trike like yours! rofl

I have to make do with 7"x 9" blocks of oak to hold my equipment up... [thumbzup]