• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard downshifting? Really? Or is it you?

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can do that i have messed with that b4 I thought i had a issue with the accelertor pedal being very hard to press. it was like doing calf raises in a gym just to drive down the road. Well thank you for giving me a the rpm speed I will look after work tomorrow I will post what i find thanks again

Put some Wd-40 or something better to lube up the wire cable for the foot pedal. It will make the pedal easer to press.

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the spring that pulls the throttle back to idle is stretched or weak i can move it by hand my rpm's go to 500-550. I repositioned the spring to a diff location it seemed to help, I will have to try to find a new one. I did not get a chance to drive it tonight but i moved it around in the drive way. it didn't seem to lunge. I will take it out over the weekend and see what happens. I did disc the accelerator pedal from the cable to try to lubricate it I can get the bottom pin out with out mangling the end of it. so i sprayed it with PB Blaster and worked it around. the cable that connects to the pedal is still hard to push even by hand with out the pedal connected I will look at that tomorrow and see if i can lube or grease anything there. I will post my new findings thanks for the help guys. I am new to all this but i love the truck so thanks again for your patience

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks