• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard top weight

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have two hard tops that I need to ship from Cincinnati Oh to Sedalia Co. It looks to me like the boxes weigh 119lbs each. Can anyone confirm this?

gimpyrobb

Also, it looks like the boxes are 15x74x46. I guess 2 would be 30x74x46 if banded together. That would indicate 238lbs total?

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i can pick up my hard top in the barn. but its all i can do and cant do it for long.. so that is about right. i seen a hard top at the ga rally in a box just like your talking about. dont know the best way to ship it though. good luck

gimpyrobb

I have bid quotes out, but would be better if the size and weights are exact. That is what I am working on now. :-D

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one weighed one time that I was trying to sell. Sorry, I don't remember what it weighed. I know I never could get it sold because of the high cost of shipping. I ended up putting it on a truck I had without a top and sold the truck.

AceHigh

I have a couple of the crates out back but they are broken down, I can measure them later today.

I put 3 on a 116 trailer, they were about 3 inches too large to fit between the fenders. I doubt 4 would fit. I could lift one side of the crate before I emptied them, and move them by crabbing them along.

tonidial

Wish I'd know I just picked one up there earlier last month (7 hour run one-way from my house in Illinois) - 90% of the weight is the crate as I installed the hard top by myself .

The crate fit nicely into the rear of a full-sized pick up.

Best of luck

jaxsof

If you take it out of he box, it fits in a minivan, lol. Picked up one in August. Without he crate its about 160lbs, so that sounds about right with the box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks