• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Headlights not working, all others are.

winslows

My headlights are not working, I have replaced the fuse, no power is getting to the bulbs, but there is power at the fuse box. The rear lights, marker lights, ect. all work fine. My electrical knowledge is limited, what should I check next?

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as the military light switch is in the right position then it could be a headlight switch. Check your high beam switch, that is another problem area. Do the turn signals work? If not then look under the dash near the bottom of the steering column and see if the wire harness has been unplugged.

Rick

jmassenga

Check the headlight dimmer switch, on the lower left side of the steering column just behind the dash. Had one with the same no headlight issue. Testing with a jumper wire in the plug confirmed that the dimmer switch was bad. And despite what the manual says, you can replace the switch without dropping the steering column. And don't forget to pull the wire keeper out of the new switch after you install it.

winslows

We didn't have time to test all this out so my father and I put the headlights on a separate switch, and now the interior lights are acting up. I'm leaning towards the light switch too, I'll have to test the connections when I get home from the beach. If its not that ill check the dimmer switch, because the PO told me the brights didn't work when I bought it.

A separate thing, part of the reason I got it for cheap was that the oil light would flash randomly a lot even though the oil was always on full. Turns out someone unplugged the sensor. Now that its been plugged in the light has not come on once.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks