• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heater Hose Connections

bottleworks

Nice truck. Congrats!
Here's a question... In the picture below of your truck, it shows the heater connected to the upper connection on the right. I thought you connect it to the lower one on the pump? I am just about to run my heater lines and I don't want to incorrectly connect it.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a question... In the picture below of your truck, it shows the heater connected to the upper connection on the right. I thought you connect it to the lower one on the pump?
Yes, the one hose with the red arrow should be installed lower where the red arrow labeled "not here" is. This is the same question I asked you Mark, about 3 or 4 weeks ago. With your help finding this in the tech manual, I changed mine ( it was originally installed the same as pictured above) while I had the coolant system drained as the result of a lower radiator hose failure. Thanks again!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The heater or any other coolant loop (filter, fuel tank heater etc) should be fed from the engine side of the thermostat and return to the water pump.