• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heaviest Load Yet

hklvette

Biggest haul for me was 10.5k lbs of off-road equipment mats that were sitting on the bed-rails. Rails didn't groan at all, and the truck wasn't even close to squatting down, but did creak a lot over the rough terrain that I was driving. I was quite impressed.

rlwm211

The most I have hauled with my deuce was a load of gravel fill for the driveway. 4 yards, wet gravel and sand mix probably between 3500-4000 pounds per yard. Even at 3000 it would 12K Lbs of load, and a max of maybe 15K. I only had 3 miles to go, and although the truck handled it well, I took my time and made sure I had lots of room to stop.
The unloading was not that bad, but with a drop side, I did not even have to get on the truck until the last half yard or so, to clean up mostly. I just scooped it off the sides with a shovel.

RL