• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from a Mechanic in E Ohio

Godspilot

Hi All,
So glad to be on here, I've been reading for many hours on this site and love all the info I am finding. I do not own any MVs yet but have been looking at them for a few years and I am hoping to buy one this year. I believe that a M35A2 with the LTD 465 multi-fuel engine will work for my needs, but need some input on this. Definitely want a Multi fuel.....but mainly because I think they are cool. Will probably be using black diesel filtered with a centrifuge to keep costs down, so a regular diesel will work. Things I plan on doing with the truck: Tow service for my shop (flat bed or trailer?), Plowing out the parking lot in the winter (haven't found any plows or plow mounts yet), pulling my farming friends out of wet fields (Need Winch), Back up power (can you hook a Generator up to the PTO?) and Handling and transportation of 40FT shipping containers (will this truck be big enough for this).
ANY input will be greatly appreciated. I don't know whitch truck I need to be looking for based on all the things I need to do. I would rather not buy two trucks but don't want one so big that its hard to get around.
Thanks in advance and I will be looking forward to Y'alls input.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Probably best to start a discussion or follow a current one in the alternative fuels section for the waste oil. As to the other topics, the deuce forum would be more appropriate.

Welcome to Steel Soldiers!

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You wouldn't be able to move the post. It's ok. You may start specific threads about this. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks