• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello to all from Conyers, GA

drpyloo

Hello to everyone here in the SS community, semi-new from Conyers, Ga. I know that I am sort of late in my introduction to the site; however, I was trying to navigate the site and get to know more about the MV's before I posted. I aquired a 1971 M35A2 from another member about 2 months ago. I had been wanting a Multi-Fuel for a long time and began doing research on them about a year ago. The oportunity arose for me to get this deuce from an existing member and after some trading I am now the greatful and happy owner of "Tank" (I was originally going to name it Tank Jr. since my XJ was previously named Tank, but the kids and the wife continue to call the Deuce, Tank; so I guess the name has stuck.)

I will eventually post pics of the deuce, but we have been operating at home without a computer since it crashed about 3 months ago.

Now, for my dilemma...I have been an ASE Certified Tech (Autos) for many years and I'm also a Motorcycle Tech. However, I have zero experience with diesel engines and especially MV's. I would really enjoy getting to know our other deuce and MV members here in Georgia and the surrounding areas. I have seen first hand on the site how very helpful you guys are with questions and answers. However, I have always been a hands on person and I am a visual learner.

I have read on previous posts that owning an MV involves getting your hands dirty. I am one of those, trust me I have SEVERAL projects at the house right now. Therefore, I am offering my services to you guys. If any of you are getting ready to do some projects, or any mechanical work to your rigs and you think you may need some help hit me up and I will be more than happy to go help out. This serves two purposes; 1. I get to offer my help with the work you are trying to get done and 2. I also get to learn something new about a deuce or any other rig. If any of you guys need help feel free to PM me and I will gladly provide you with my contact info and will try to lend a hand.

Also, if any of you all have upcoming get togethers or gatherings please let me know, or point me in the right direction of where I could obtain the information. I would really enjoy seeing other rigs and putting faces with the names as well. I look forward to meeting some (if not all) of you and hopefully soon I may also be a proud owner of an M1028 to add to the collection and as some of you call it "The Addiction".

Respectfully,
Armando

slantflat

Hey Armando, welcome from just down the street in Stockbridge. I fully understand the several projects bit. There are several M35's in the area. You'll like the M1028 as well.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are MV rallies that you should consider attending, just to meet with other owners. The Florida rally in a couple of weeks, the N.C. rally in April, the cookout at Zout's a little later, then there's the coup-de-main, the Georgia Steelsoldiers Rally in October!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, Armando. You've just taken the first step into maddness. I lurked here for years before I bought my first green truck and joined up. Now I'm beyond all hope of recovery.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Armando,
Welcome from Kentucky. You're located in the middle of MV heaven; sort of I guess, BMY Harsco and GA don't mix well, but that will get fixed some day.
Enjoy your truck and new addiction.
JC

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the rabble. GA is a good place to be for sure. October is the pinnacle of MV events. See you at Durhamtown I.

drpyloo

There are MV rallies that you should consider attending, just to meet with other owners. The Florida rally in a couple of weeks, the N.C. rally in April, the cookout at Zout's a little later, then there's the coup-de-main, the Georgia Steelsoldiers Rally in October!
Where is the Florida rally being held at? Depending on the distance (and work schedule) I will try and make it. However, if its too far then I'm not sure about taking the trip. I have not had the opportunity to really go through the Deuce and make sure that it is road worthy for a long trip yet. I did see the one in NC and its actually right after my birthday, so I am definitely going to try and make it to that one. Thanks for the info SCSG.

drpyloo

Welcome to the rabble. GA is a good place to be for sure. October is the pinnacle of MV events. See you at Durhamtown I.
Yessir! I will defintely be at Durhamtown this year. Its actually not that far from my place (about a 45 minute ride), so hopefully I will join with some of you in the caravan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks