• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help deuce leaking fuel

DRYGULCH57

Bought a Deuce 1967 Kaiser, drove it from Estes Park Co. down to Loveland colorado about 35 miles noticed wet spot under the truck checked oil good checked anti freeze good wiped every thing down under the truck started truck all of the fuel is dripping from the front center of the oil pan can't see for the life of me where or how it is getting there. Does any body have any suggestions I am trying to get back to Manila Utah but don't want to go with the leaking that is going on.

JDToumanian

You need to determine which side of the engine it's coming from.... On the pass. side it could be flame heater parts, or coming from the slobber tube. On the driver's side it could be coming from filters or the injector pump. On either side it could be a fuel line. More info needed!

Jon

TulsaME

My manifold heater pump started leaking a week ago. Fuel made its way from the top middle of the engine on the passenger side down to bath the differential before dripping on the ground. I didn't get the pump fixed but I did get the fuel supply line plugged by putting a plug in the pump's fuel filter outlet. I also plugged the inlet of the pump so debris would not enter. The fittings were 1/8 pipe threads. I don't remember if I used two plugs or one plug and one cap.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Try turning the power switch on and see if any fuel is leaking. The in tank pump only puts out 5ish psi, but it could be the fuel line running under the radiator along the frame.

DRYGULCH57

Thanks Guys
I have been looking to see if I can tell where the fuel is coming from, Just can't tell. You would think as much fuel is driping from the front of the oil pan I could find where it is coming from but not having much luck. It's dark now so will try to check these things again (better) tomorrow. If any one has any thing else I can check please let me know. Hope I can figure something out. Been searching this site all over and this post has given me more help than anything I have found so far.

JDToumanian

It could be the front crankshaft seal, but that would be oil, not fuel.... Are you sure it's fuel? Have you checked the oil, maybe it's getting diluted with fuel (bad fuel density compensator (FDC) or injector pump o-rings) and the overfilled fuel-diluted oil is leaking past seals... This is common...

Jon

DRYGULCH57

Hey Guys
Thanks Heaps :grin: I bypassed the fuel density compensator, dumped the diluted oil, put new oil in, put the old oil diesel mix in the tank drove the truck a couple hundred miles and every thing looks good. :jumpin::jumpin::driver:After more searching and after making this post I finally found the TM I needed. Bookmarked it for use when I get home. Thanks again guys

Last edited:

JDToumanian

Cool deal! I still haven't bypassed my FDC, but it doesn't seem to be leaking. I should quit tempting fate and just do it....

Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks