• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help Moving a 1989 M931A2 Tractor from New Castle DE to Hayes VA.

hickmaster2001

I'm a new guy here and just won a GL aution last week. I am looking for any assistance whatsoever to retrieve my new addition. I plan on going to New Castle next week Jul 16th or 17th. The truck is said not to run and it has one flat tire but it does have a spare. I might be going alone with tools batteries and what not to try to get it fired up. Any advice, assistance, or information would be greatly appreiciated as you all have a great deal of experience in this matter. Thanks!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just had a M923A2 towed out to my place and it sat in the driveway until it stopped raining long enough to look at. I threw two commercial batteries in it and bumped the starter and it fired right up. It had one low tire as well. If yours is flat and has been sitting for a while chances are it isn't safe. If this is your first truck have it hauled down. We could have driven this one home but still had it towed. It just isn't worth a life or two if you don't have the knowledge and can go through it bumper to bumper.

Download and read the TMs, as usual with emphasis on the -10 operators manual.

hickmaster2001

Quick reply, thanks!

We just had a M923A2 towed out to my place and it sat in the driveway until it stopped raining long enough to look at. I threw two commercial batteries in it and bumped the starter and it fired right up. It had one low tire as well. If yours is flat and has been sitting for a while chances are it isn't safe. If this is your first truck have it hauled down. We could have driven this one home but still had it towed. It just isn't worth a life or two if you don't have the knowledge and can go through it bumper to bumper.

Download and read the TMs, as usual with emphasis on the -10 operators manual.

Thanks for the fast response! Could you recommend a good towing company? Its about 250 miles so i'm wondering about cost. I am active duty military and have been an auto mechanic for my entire adult life. My brother is a diesel mech as well.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
We Haul out of New Castle all the time for SS customers. Give us a call, or send us the info..Zip of delivery etc.
Email: susrplustransport@hotmail.com
or call Eric: 252-312-1717
Call early as we are about a week behind. Might be able to do it this weekend, with a pickup on Friday.
We are set up to move them running or not.
thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks