• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP wiring diagrams in TMs gone

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correction*** I am going crazy, but thanks to barrman I am ok
now, problem fixed!

I figure I must be really going crazy. I have all of the TM's on my computer
and I know that on the last computer I had which had the same TM's that
there was wiring diagrams. The typical figure numbers were like E-1, E-2, etc.
Now when I look, it is as though they were never there. I downloade copies
from SS just now and I get the same thing.

Did Adobe reader make some changes in their latest update that doesn't recognize
the figure numbers because they start with a letter?

Hopefully someone has figured out the fix for this.

Thanks for any help.
Bruce

Last edited:

Barrman

I just followed the resource tab at the top of the page to the CUCV TM section and then the -20 manual. Appendix F is still there and readable for me.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Barrman!
aua Well I get the dummy award. For some reason I was convinced they were in the -P manuals
along with all the other detailed drawings, and didn't look elsewhere.

Now I can stop panicking and get back to work.
Bruce

Keith_J

Don't fret, TM structure is all descriptive. The first number is branch, for automotive that would be 9. Then the second sequence is Federal Supply Class number, 4 digits. Then is the item number, 3 digits. Finally, there is the level, -10 is operator, -20 is unit maintenance, -30 is direct support, -40 is depot. Finally, the item you missed is the suffix P for Parts. Usually parts manuals start with -20 because operator items are considered consumables like fuel/oil or are on a hand receipt like jacks and operator vehicle maintenance items.

Some times, manuals are bridged so there can be a -13 which is operator to direct support, other times the suffix is inclusive where the parts listing is so small the operator manual includes it. So for something like a compass, you would have a -13 & P, the clue is the ampersand (&).

Now, parts manuals can get crazy because they can cover multiple models, like M1009/1010/1028/1031. For these, each model has a code and the parts listing includes a UOC which is useable on code nnn. Still more confusing would be the bumper assembly for a M1031 which is not in the -289-23P. These were chassis trucks, delivered without bumpers and that is listed in the TM for the Shop Equipment Contact Maintenance, 9-4940-562-23P aua.

I'm a man and I can change, if I have to..I guess Remember, I'm pulling for you. We are all in this together :driver:

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Keith, That was a great description of the break down of the manual
organization and it's very helpful.
Bruce

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks