• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Helpp

notsosanestan

okay so i just got a 86 m1009 and drove it 2 and a half hours home without a problem. Then the second i get home and try to do a lil off roading it wouldnt move! No forward or reverse i checked the fluid before i left and it was fine.Now the fluid looked horrible i guess i need a new trans? Anyone know where i can get one? Also should get a new torque converted too? the fluid didnt feel gritty just smelt really bad

Midnight Rider

Well if you drove it for 2 hours and it was fine, then went off roading and it wasn't fine, did you hit something while off roading? Hang up on something. I'd check underneath to assess any damage.

notsosanestan

yeah im going to the shop today to get a quote hopefully it isnt too much going to suck taking the trans out in the cold.

HardCorps79

Sounds like a Transfer case issue rather than a tranny problem at this point. The t-cases on CUCVs are almost as bad as the ones on our HMMWVs. They take a strange combination of gentle finesse and brute force to get into place. Try moving the shifter from P to N and then working the transfer case through the gears. Did you unlock the hubs to go back to driving normally? There are just so many possibilities of things that could have gone wrong. Hard to know without more information about your off-roading activities and what you did when you came back. Some more details might get you a better answer.

Are you getting a grinding sound when you move the shift indicator? Grinding when you try to drive? Does it work if you put it back in 4WD? Parking brake stuck?

notsosanestan

its def not the transfer case. im taking the trans out today it doesnt move when u try to put it in 4wd. The off roading i did was just drive into a trail an basically turn around cause it started slippin so bad

Midnight Rider

its def not the transfer case. im taking the trans out today it doesnt move when u try to put it in 4wd. The off roading i did was just drive into a trail an basically turn around cause it started slippin so bad
But it does move when it's in 2wd? If so that still sounds like the transfer case and not the transmission.

Whatever the problem, best of luck at the shop. Hope they don't get too much out of ya.

notsosanestan

i got it out of the trail in 4wd. almost got the trans out today but its so cold.good thing im getting it rebuilt for wholesale:-D

HAWKMAN

...1900.00...dollars?...seems like a lot...if you would want to go used I've got a couple trans out and ready to go for $200.00ea. I'm near Tannersville Pa not far from you.PM me if interested.

notsosanestan

i went and he keeps trying to sell me a built trans and torque converter. told me the converter was 799$ going back today and getting my trans and bringing it to another shop that will do it for 950

HardCorps79

Saw a completely rebuilt transmission looks like a factory job (beautiful) on ebay for $795. You should be able to get a rebuilt transfer case for less than half that. If you look on craigslist and in salvage yards you can get working take-out trannys for anywhere from $200-400 and transfer cases from $50-150.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks