• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMMTT wheel torque specs

OldSalt

I've seen torque specs for the HEMMTT lugs, but not for torquing the wheel halves together. I'm putting new 46" Goodyears on 'er this weekend, and I while I like a good adventure as much as the next person, wheel,halves coming apart at 45mph is not on my bucket list. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: HDN

OldSalt

Thanks! I can get that done. Just needed to know, anything is better than the wild ride that would result from improper torque values! Got my new alternator, and I might as well do the oil, coolant, and always fun zerk fitting search... You'd think I'd remember where they all are by now.

Stalwart

You really don't need that much torque. Remember those wheels are normally mounted on VERY heavy trucks with a weight rating on each tire of about 15,000 lb. and off road use. My guess you'd be just fine with 250-300 or pretty tight with a rattle gun. The only critical step is getting them all snugged up evenly to a much lower torque and contact has been made all the way around. Mine get torqued because they are being used as designed . . . on a HEMTT. 600 lb.ft. for the front lug nuts is a pain though, my wife doesn't weight enough on the torque wrench, she can only do the rears at 500. :cookoo:

• Wow
Reactions: HDN