• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT seat upgrade to A2 style

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I have a question that maybe you can shed a little light on, and NO i have not picked up my HEMTT yet, but have a question. My truck is a 87 M977 and I am guessing they only came with spring seats back then? or could it possibly be a springer OR and air ride?
A while back I found an extremely fair deal on two brand new in the kit upgrade seats for the HEMTT and they are complete with all the mounting hardware, clamps, bolts, bases and airlines. My question is if my truck does have air ride seats??? (1987) it would be a relatively simple upgrade correct? If my truck has only springer seats, is it realistically easy enough to mount and run new airlines to operate the new air ride seats? I have a set of perfect brand new seats and would sure like to use them!

All thoughts welcome!
Karl

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Shouldn't be that big of an issue Karl. They probably have the same bolt pattern on the bases as most of the military seats do. If they are HEMTT seats then they will be the same ride height. Air lines are easy. Just pop in anywhere. Add a pressure protection valve off a main air line and run to a regulator on your seat or off of a PPV system. I don't see it taking more than an hour or two.

But that is just my time line. I am prescribed 60 adderall a month so imagine all the things i get done.

Last edited:

Gunzy

I replaced my spring seats with High back air rides that have shoulder harness'. They were take outs from a PLS (m1074) so the pedestal was different. The seat slides mounted directly to my HEMTT pedestals with no mods. Not sure what seats you have but air ride installs are not hard. The shoulder harness brackets required drilling mount holes (removal of spare tire for axcess) as they are behind the seats and cross the windows. Make sure to make your air connection off of the system that supplies air to the wipers as the will not effect any brake supply.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some guys are just way luckier than they deserve to have friends that are just plain That much smarter than I am , and I thanks you both Wes, and Guntzy, your input is greatly appreciated!!!!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks