• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Cargo Stowage Fixed Rear Door

Wire Fox

So I first saw these in one of the army intructional videos, but later did some digging on ebay and saw a few of these for sale:

Cargo Fixed Door.jpg

Anybody have a part number for these, or perhaps an MWO to modify a standard fixed door to this?

If I had to guess on how it's assembled, it looks like they've just cut the flap out right to the level where the cargo floor extension is, rolled the edges to make it not sharp, and installed a hinge on the removed section with the exact same rivet placement as the rivets that held that cargo floor extension. Then to finish it off, used the same type of rubber hold-down straps that the inner engine cover uses.

I think it'd be quite nice to have this behind the driver's seat to access wheel chocks, road hazard kit, and emergency tools without having to climb into the bed and remove the seat back/bed extension, but I know a full swing-out half door on both sides will be better for larger things stored back there, like fuel and water cans-plus does double duty as a good passenger door once the troop seats are removed.

cruzinz28

Wire Fox

I have a set of these that I am trying to get rid of. I decided to go another route. I would defintily sell them for less that the price that was attaechd to that picture example you provided. I still have them in the box they were shipped to me in. They would just need painted to match your truck. Shoot me a PM if you want and I can make you a package deal and throw in a cargo divider too if you need one. i get pretty good shipping rate through my work to. - Jesse

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks