• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Homecoming Parade

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding

One of the things I noticed is that your truck isn't perfectly painted and polished with Armor All on the tires.

I took mine to an air show a few weeks ago and was told to bring her just the way she was and not take a toothbrush to it and polish. I was also told to get her a little dirty as well. She had dirt inside and out and was the second most looked at vehicle there after the V-100.

I plan on following the advice. I am leaving the welded on body patches and just cleaning her and painting her just the way she is then I'll get a little dirt on her to make her look like she is actually used.

(This isn't to say I don't like or respect the guys trucks that look like they just came off the factory line because I do.)

steve

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wondering about the noise factor. Does your truck have a whistler? Did you supply earplugs for the kids?

Great looking truck.

MDSA

No whistler; in fact no turbo at all, and at parade speeds there is no noise; we're just idling. But the smoke can be suffocating if I rev her up for effect.

As far as the "natural" look. I have 2 teenage boys at home and they won't let me keep it on the street. We often use the Deuce cross country. And I don't have time to clean that thing up after every trip. Unfortunately, I have also dinged a few places. Passenger side mirror got twisted badly when I went up a hill and a tree got in the way, and the passenger side step got a little bent when I hit a log I negotiated too close to.

But it's all fun.

Brian

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well you certainly had me rockin in my computer chair on that video. Pretty neet seeing the duece party hardy all night long. Any of those Jeep men looking for an upgrade ask you where to get one?

MDSA

Homecoming parade

Tarheel,

Yeah, still around. Sorry I haven't been able to make any meetings. I wanted to get to Statesville and Conover, but there are always too many things going on.

See you soon, I hope.

Brian