• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

how do you guys fix this issue M1101

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im sure it's probably a common issue. How do you go about getting new inserts or rigging the pulled out insert holes to fit some kind of nut? I know there are alternatives out there since the holes are likely stretched out too much to fit a standard insert.

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Done!

Thanks, I didn't know the name, couldn't google it. Google wont understand the term "thingy that goes in the hole that you screw bolt into". Too many bad "keywords" in there. :)

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not this one, my friend! This one is special! I got a very good trailer this time.

New tarp, never been used, tires had whiskers on all the lugs still. The center lug whiskers wore off in 50 miles. These tires have never seen pavement.

I have won and lost on GovPlanet auctions. This one was a win! I did pay more than average, but, I got quality for the money. Only problem was a few of the bolts had pulled out.

New bows and tarp and wheels. New shocks, and a trailer in excellent condition. I couldn't ask for a better trailer. I'm very happy with this one!

But thanks for the offer to fix it. You are a generous and kind person. :)

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine probably have a little bigger holes because they pulled out, so I figure a little epoxy engineering might be in order. Probably bend the aluminum back down, add a little epoxy around the new one, set in place, let it dry before tightening them down too much. Some release agent on the bolts and it will all work out.

Ill figure it out if the holes are a bit big. I'm just happy to find the correct parts!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks