• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many left?

FreightTrain

Banned
You know,Threads like this should be deleted and banned like the GL post.All these things are doing is creating a false panic.Anyone can read these post through just a simple google search.These trucks are not going to dry up tomorrow.They won't be available for ever just like M135s(Granted,they sold a pair a year or so ago).But who actually knows when the last great batch could come out.Sales could go on for 6 more months or 10 more years!I am putting my bets on 1-2 more years then slow to a trickle.Maybe longer depending on if they actually bring home the equipment when we pull outta the combat zones now.

FreightTrain

Banned
They've got to be getting close to the end. How many have been sold in the last couple of years? I'd say atleast 200 a week on average. That's not counting all the ones that never made it to GL which I'm going to guess at a rate of 3 to 1 or more.

GSA has alot of trucks to sell but most of them are not in near as good of shape as the GL trucks.
The GSA stuff is from local governments and volunteer groups.GL is straight from the federal levels.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The GSA stuff is from local governments and volunteer groups.GL is straight from the federal levels.
Yea, I know where GSA trucks come from. That's the problem. While the Military can be hard on stuff the local governments and such seem like they run them till they won't run anymore or are rusted out before they get rid of them on all the trucks around here.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You know,Threads like this should be deleted and banned like the GL post.All these things are doing is creating a false panic.Anyone can read these post through just a simple google search.These trucks are not going to dry up tomorrow.They won't be available for ever just like M135s(Granted,they sold a pair a year or so ago).But who actually knows when the last great batch could come out.Sales could go on for 6 more months or 10 more years!I am putting my bets on 1-2 more years then slow to a trickle.Maybe longer depending on if they actually bring home the equipment when we pull outta the combat zones now.
I agree about the false panic but I don't know if it should be banned. It is about MVs and it isn't breaking any laws.

I doubt they will bring any back from overseas either. I know we're sending trucks from the States to Iraq for them to keep but who knows about the Government

Sumoman

I do not think it should be banned in the least. Whats there to panic about.. just makes me want to stimulate the economy sooner then I thought I would:-D

And if stimulating the economy is'nt All American I don't know what is:grd:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I refrain from comment on the availability. When the "Big Scare" happened in December about GL stopping the sale of MV's, we saw the price on somewhat decent deuces quickly double and triple before they calmed down again in late Jan.

As for stimulating the economy, my paying double or triple what I should for a hobby would reduce my ability to save an additional piece of history. Scrap prices are rising again. The deuce prices are still somewhat high for my tastes except in some select areas that are not close to me. We have another member everyday coming on here letting us know they have to sell their deuces or scrap them because they lost their job. That's another bleed on history. Bottom line is this hobby is not going to come close to stimulating the economy.

Taking 1 trillion dollars, hunting down every terrorist a-hole that bids harm to western civilization and Christianity, protecting our borders and ports with the best security in the world, rebuilding the best intelligence gathering agency in the world to prevent another 9-11, not paying for personal disaster losses (like Katrina) and putting that back on the insurance companies, ridding our government of corruption (Fannie and Freddie and the congressmen that lined their pockets with their money and are still sitting in office), making the auto industry stand on their own two feet, and forcing employers to use American labor and ridding the US of illegal aliens. Now that would be stimulating. I feel like we were on the highway to success but due to a terrorist incident, a storm, and a whole bunch of criminals, we took a detour and are now on the wrong road.

motorolanut

Legitimate GL sales stopping woes causes panic and price spiking just as the Great Carnac spoke of...Kinda like the Obama elected now your guns will be banned forever price inflation.

BUT Lest people quickly forget, most of the MV in private hands in the past serveral years have come from GL sales so why do some members treat GL LIKE A TABOO SUBJECT ON THIS FORUM....Geeze:roll:

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personally, I would suggest that people not wait until the last minute to get their truck(s). I happen to believe that the end is sooner than most think, but consistent with what Mark stated. I don't believe the next batch are the last, or even the batch after that. However, this has to come to an end. For those that think that buying a truck in five years will be the same, think again. Once the M44 series and M809 series are out of the system, surplus, as we know, will cease to exist. I am not saying they won't sell trucks. I am suggesting that the auction process as we know it will change...and by change I mean fewer trucks will come out and they will cost more (more competition for them). The military never bought as many M939 series trucks as they did the M809 series trucks and the former are much more highly valued overseas because of the automatic transmissions. Plus, from what I recently read (I think Mark posted it), the Army has entered into a plan to rebuild the M939 series trucks...I think Oshkosh may have the rebuild contract, but I am not sure on that. I really doubt that one day we will be picking through 50-75 or more M923s, M925s, etc on a given sale with the random FMTV strewn in. If we are, please know that I will be bidding on them like the rest of you. So, while I am not a "sky is falling type," I am making sure I have what I want and as soon as possible.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
if Gl sales go away so what. The M35 will never be a rare truck. You will always be able to find several for sale at any given time. The retail price has remained about the same for years. I feel sorry for these guys who pay $4000 or more for a truck from GL and expect to sell it for $6000 to $8000. Besides that rare exception they are just not worth that kind of money and will not be for the forseeable future.2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks