• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How noisy is your 6.2 lit. M1009

rod

My M1009 engine was louder until I added a quart of ATF fluid and about a 1/2 pint of Lucas Oil Injector Cleaner to the last fillup. Maybe its because I know I added the extra stuff to the diesel but it does seems quiter now.

I also have a civi resonator on mine. It does make a difference. I drove it the other day when the resonator was off and you could hear much more "roar" to the intake.

Barrman

That is funny about the drive thru. I don't even try to order with it running anymore. That is probably why most of us have had starter troubles at banks and fast food places.

BIG_RED

Hahaha.. :) the drivethrough comment got me. That is SO true. My personal favorite use for the racket my truck makes:

You know when you've got kids at a red light, or in a parking lot or something.. In those little asian cars? and then they start revving their lawnmower-sized engines at each other, and they feel so cool? That's when I gun my 6.2. And it COMPLETELY drowns out their asain junk, and their stereo and everything else around.. Then I smile :) music to my ears! Good old American.. Muscle? (I don't think 155 horsepower = muscle, but I love my truck!).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks