• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How not to install a Duramax in a M998

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a duramax/allison 5 speed in my Civillain Hummer, it has 2.56 gear and max speed is 87 mph then its governed by the ECM, We had one in a race Hummer also and it would only do 91 in baja. You conversion looks great.
If I remove the speed limiter but leave the stock rev limiter in place it will do a little over 120MPH.
Almost 17K on the conversion and have not had to rework anything I can think of, I have blown out a bunch of aftermarket half shaft boots but what can you expect from cheap Chicom stuff.

thoner7

If I remove the speed limiter but leave the stock rev limiter in place it will do a little over 120MPH.
Almost 17K on the conversion and have not had to rework anything I can think of, I have blown out a bunch of aftermarket half shaft boots but what can you expect from cheap Chicom stuff.
Can I ask how much you paid for the wrecked donor truck?