• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to identify whistler turbo?

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1756.jpgDSCF1758.jpg This is the "C" Turbo on my truck. The turbo on your truck looks to be off a LDS-427 or LDS-465. The LDS-465 is a 5 ton engine. The standard 2.5 ton engine is the LDT-465. Check your engine ID plate and see what engine you have, LDT or LDS, it isn't uncommon to find an LDS engine in a 2.5 ton truck. Or, someone may have installed the LDS turbo on your LDT engine. Hope this helps.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
seems to work good but looks like what y'all are describing as a c turbo
The turbo you posted pics of, makes the most boost of all turbos.

It's not what we refer to as a "C" or "Whistler".

Of all options, you have a great turbo for performance.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stryker, from what I can see, it looks like you have an LDT engine, with an LDS turbo. That little box below the UL in multi fuel will tell you if it's a C or D. The turbo you have as Doghead stated, makes the most power.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine model id tag has nothing to do with which turbo you have.

All 465 LDS motors were built by Continental.

Your id tag says you have a LDT465-1c (-1c is a revision).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks