• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hurricane Helene

m32825

Our power is back after 15 hours on the genset without a hiccup. Exercised the aux fuel input, love that feature.

The situation in central Florida is nothing compared to folks on the west coast. My brother is down in the Tampa area, he says the storm surge deposited a foot of sand across the entirety of Anna Maria Island. Pray for those folks and help where you can, it's going to be a long road to recovery.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We did loose power for around 3hrs this morning. The skies have cleared somewhat and the sunshine is peaking through here and there. We got a lot of rain but thankfully here the damage is minor. There were tornadoes reported within a few miles of here. I've not gotten any reports of the damage yet.

I hope everyone else in the path of the storm is going OK.

Last edited:

gatorbob

I got about 6 hours of runtime during the overnight hours. It sure was nice to have the central air conditioning running and made the EasyStart soft start kit worth the cost. I think I used ~1/8th of a tank of diesel.

Although I was half sleeping, I could have sworn I heard a squeal (or something) coming from the MEP when the AC compressor would kick on. I need to find a way to test a motor cycling on/off instead of just using heaters for load testing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks