• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hy-Per Lube

cbvet

Contacted a local Lubricants dealer, looking for GL1.
He was telling me about a product he sells called Hy-Per Lube. Claims it should be added to engine oil, gearboxes, & differentials. Says it is similar to the "original" STP, in that it sticks to gears, bearings, seals, etc, so that there is always some lube on parts when starting up.
Anybody ever tried this stuff?
Eric

JDToumanian

I have no experience with that product, but personally I would be very cautious using an oil additive on an engine where the injector pump is lubricated with engine oil... These pumps may be pretty tough, but I had a '66 Mercedes coupe, with Bosch mechanical fuel injection. (Not a throttle body or common rail type, it had an injector pump and metal lines leading to the injectors like a diesel.) In the early '90s when "Slick 50" came out I thought I'd give it a try, it sounded like a miracle product. It caused failure of the pump within a week. Slick 50 contains suspended teflon particles and they built up on the working parts, changing the tolerances and ruining the precision fit of the pump. It was a hard $1200 lesson to learn.

Could be that "Hy-Per Lube" is actually GOOD for the injector pump, but I would be quite sure it had no suspended solid particles in it, like teflon, before I gave it a try.

Regards,
Jon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks