• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydroboost help

Elky

I have a 1984 m1009 with a progressively worsening power steering leak. Power steering fluid drips down from the firewall where the brake pedal passes through when the brakes are applied. I assume it is the hydro boost since the power steering level keeps getting lower. I have a brand new master cylinder on the truck. I have never owned a vehicle with hydro boost brakes, so this is new to me. Can I replace seals or does the entire unit need to be replaced? Does anyone have a manual on how to service it?

cucvrus

I have a 1984 m1009 with a progressively worsening power steering leak. Power steering fluid drips down from the firewall where the brake pedal passes through when the brakes are applied. I assume it is the hydro boost since the power steering level keeps getting lower. I have a brand new master cylinder on the truck. I have never owned a vehicle with hydro boost brakes, so this is new to me. Can I replace seals or does the entire unit need to be replaced? Does anyone have a manual on how to service it?
https://www.autozone.com/brakes-and...-reman-brake-power-booster/736678_0_7889_5764

Bolt off and bolt on. Get a 15mm swivel socket it will make the job a breeze. I use these many times. Napa is the same. Be sure to retain the original one till the job is complete. You may need a few parts from the old one. After you have it installed turn the old one in for a core. Good Luck. About an hour job with the 15mm swivel socket. Get some P/S fluid while you are at the parts store.

nyoffroad

What ever you do, do NOT get a used one that"worked fine when I took it off"! Go the few bucks more and get a new one, my son cheaped out and got burned and then I gave him one I had kicking around and it leaked too. ( at least I didn't charge him :) )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks