• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I made a cover for my Doghead relay mod.

fitz

I made a cover for the Doghead relay mod that I did to my 84 M1028 today.
I got a 2" round schedule 40 PVC cap at the hardware store for $1.49. I trimmed a piece of the cap off with a Dremel to make room for the wires.
I mounted the relay using 1/4" x 2" bolts. The cap fits nice and snug over the 2" long bolts. I know that others have covered the terminals with liquid electrical tape, this is just 1 more option.

Attachments

prairie

Not tying to be negative, but why?
I know of several CUCVs with the Doghead relay mod without a cover with no problems, and have never heard of needing a cover before.

fitz

Not tying to be negative, but why?
I know of several CUCVs with the Doghead relay mod without a cover with no problems, and have never heard of needing a cover before.
Why would I want to cover the studs that have voltage running to them? To prevent anything metal from touching them.
I spent a lot of time reading about the Doghead relay mod before I did it to my truck. I noticed that many people cover the studs with liquid electrical tape. I thought that this cover would offer a little more protection and keep the studs clean.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited: