• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need front spring hangers.

scooter01922

Ok guys, who has some??? Need a set of front spring hangers for the 108, looking local but the only ones i can find are attached to a truck in a boneyard a looong way from any power. So removing those is going to be a no go. Need springs too but unless local i don't think its an option as shipping those would be a bear.

scooter01922

BUMP, ANYONE out there???? Still need these suckers to get the 108 moving. Really, really really want to get it together sooner rather than later. I hate having it sit awaiting pickup forever. Aberdeen is coming up, wanted to have it home before then but as that is prob not going to happen perhaps someone could cart the springs/ perches to the rally???

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think your best bet is to buy a set from one of the dealers in the NE even if you have to drive almost a day to get them (like PA). Shipping those with all attach parts would be a PITA & $$$$. Unless of course you can get the SS delivery service to deliver from GA/AL area where there are several sets.

scooter01922

I think your best bet is to buy a set from one of the dealers in the NE even if you have to drive almost a day to get them (like PA). Shipping those with all attach parts would be a PITA & $$$$. Unless of course you can get the SS delivery service to deliver from GA/AL area where there are several sets.
yeah i know on the PITA aspect :-( hopefully i can come up with something in the SS delivery service range.
Jcappelerjr, the 108 is the deuce wrecker/ cranetruck so any standard deuce springs and perches will work.
Good thinking firefighterhill, if aberdeen comes and goes without something happening then thats prob what i'll have to do. Powertools will definately be required as there are no less than a dozen big rivets that hold the perches to the frame.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like a good excuse to go and buy one of the Home Depot 297$ portable cutting torches!:-D

scooter01922

Seems like a good excuse to go and buy one of the Home Depot 297$ portable cutting torches!:-D
Yeah i wish, trying to support the green addiction on limited $$$$, pretty much all my spare cash goes to green right now but flow is limited especailly with aberdeen approaching, need to stockpile some cash for that trip.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem you're running into is that all the bobbers are buying the springs and hangers and nobody wants to split them up. If somebody sold you the hangers the springs themselfs would be just about worthless without the hangers.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd gas axe them out of the yard truck. beg, borrow, rent, steal, or acquire a set and get'er done.

scooter01922

M16TY, i have nothing against getting the whole darned set, just has to be close enought to get to aberdeen. Something that grinds my gears about paying more for shipping that waht i payed for the parts. I know that those springs have to weigh a lot.

Well strech, the parts truck that comes with the A1 has the front axle i need but no front springs or perches for some reason :-( The others in the salvage yard would be a PITA but if aberdeen comes and goes without something coming up i will have to attempt it i guess.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I understand what you're talking about. I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. I was just trying to shed some light on why you're having trouble finding them :wink:.

rivired

Another option
(if this is for a bob job)

Who sez u need duece or m105 springs.
Get a stout set of 1-ton chevy or ford springs.

http://www.4wdfactory.com

Has all the rockwell hardware like springs perches and ubolts and top plates..then just get some generic shackles and hangers and bushings.

JUst an idea.

I picked up a set of 3 inch 1ton fords from a f-450 that will be going on my truck when i get my cutting equipent .. i have spent a total of 160$ for all the hardware and the springs.

scooter01922

I got ya :) and the post was taken as constructive advice and nothing else. I do appreciate the thoughts you guys toss in on discussions.

scooter01922

SWEET, you rock [thumbzup] Let me know how much this is going to cost me if you could. Gotta make sure i bring enough cash. As i found out last year the local banks will not give me money even though its the same national bank that i deal with here :evil:.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scooter, another option for you would be to get the spring hangers shipped and find an M105 to chop up local. Once the helper pack is removed, the basic spring is the same. Looks like it won't matter anyways, Joe Trapp will probably be good for them!