• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ijust noticed...

4bogginchevys

My 84 1008 doesn't have rain gutters above the doors like every other chevy truck of similiar year, what gives?

was this a military option or did they just forget to on a few trucks on the assembly line?

I got interested in putting a light bar on this truck and noticed this...how can I mount one now(no drilling)?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rain gutters were "deleted" in the military contract. No need for chrome on the outside of a military vehicle. You can easily ad them.

Even my 1977 GMC 6000 US Army truck has no gutters.

jimm1009

MY '84 M1009 has them and so does the '85 replacement body tub that I acquired from Gene 6 years ago.
I'm surprised that yours does not as the bodies were all made int he same plant and then seperated out for military versuses civy.

jimm1009

Cucvnut

Ya my 84 M1008 does not have them either it was one of the first things i noticed about my truck when i got it. i plan to add them and powder coat the rails black.

Cucvnut

no they are screwed on. well mine on the suburban i has were. then the chrome strip snaps on the meal bracket you bolted to the truck,

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recall buying a new set of gutters from the GM dealer, they just screwed on.

I bet LMC has them.

niferous

Use a headache rack for the lights bar. Rawson and Koeing makes one that is good for light bars. By the way by light bar I mean the kinds cops use. It would also work well for KC lights etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks