• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need of a new air horn solenoid valve.

ida34

The title says it all. I put an want ad in the ad section. If no one has one I will order it from Saturn on Friday. I need the horn working reliably for the Memorial Day Parade.

Thanks
Chuck

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started looking or one also some time ago, let me know if you find a source for it, low cost wise. :)

Meanwhile, I took mine apart and found the coil burnt up. I may rewind it and seal it back up with casting epoxy.
It takes about 280 turns, using 26 Gauge enameled wire if anybody is interested (1/4 lb spool).

BTW, this is for the 8x8, my deuce horn is a okay.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i brought a compleat new horn, selenoid and all off ebay for about 15, used my old selenoid on a 152 db horn that i had

FreightTrain

Banned
Make that one more.I found out why mine doesn't work.The Piston fell out when I removed the horn to do the turbo install(Have a International semi horn under the hood) and although I found the piston the spring is long gone.Plus the horn didn't work all the time so might as well replace it.I want to know the horn works if I hit the brakes one day and find out there ain't none!

808pants

I'm three years late to this party, and maybe that's why I can't figure out who the mysterious "Joseph" is, or where he apparently posted that he had solenoid valves for sale (umm...was there a post # 3-1/2?), or where to contact him to see if he's still got one kicking around! Anyone?

--Dave

808pants

Thanks, Bjorn...jeez...didn't know that could be DONE - gone without a trace, not even a 'this post has been deleted by its author?' That could be really confusing in a long thread.

--Dave

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks