• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need of a new air horn solenoid valve.

ida34

The title says it all. I put an want ad in the ad section. If no one has one I will order it from Saturn on Friday. I need the horn working reliably for the Memorial Day Parade.

Thanks
Chuck

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started looking or one also some time ago, let me know if you find a source for it, low cost wise. :)

Meanwhile, I took mine apart and found the coil burnt up. I may rewind it and seal it back up with casting epoxy.
It takes about 280 turns, using 26 Gauge enameled wire if anybody is interested (1/4 lb spool).

BTW, this is for the 8x8, my deuce horn is a okay.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i brought a compleat new horn, selenoid and all off ebay for about 15, used my old selenoid on a 152 db horn that i had

FreightTrain

Banned
Make that one more.I found out why mine doesn't work.The Piston fell out when I removed the horn to do the turbo install(Have a International semi horn under the hood) and although I found the piston the spring is long gone.Plus the horn didn't work all the time so might as well replace it.I want to know the horn works if I hit the brakes one day and find out there ain't none!

808pants

I'm three years late to this party, and maybe that's why I can't figure out who the mysterious "Joseph" is, or where he apparently posted that he had solenoid valves for sale (umm...was there a post # 3-1/2?), or where to contact him to see if he's still got one kicking around! Anyone?

--Dave

808pants

Thanks, Bjorn...jeez...didn't know that could be DONE - gone without a trace, not even a 'this post has been deleted by its author?' That could be really confusing in a long thread.

--Dave