• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

INI-TS-IG1000-ICMF Crankcase full of fuel

Max Bladwin

Hello,
Does anyone know if there is an issue with these generators leaking fuel into the crankcase?
I'm having and issue with 2 of mine and they both have the same issue.

Poccur

INI gens? Yes. Military had a tech bulletin that said when run on JP8 or diesel the piston did not get hot enough to fully burn the fuel. It burns only the lighter fractions, and the heavier fractions slide down the cylinder wall and fill the crank case. They would drain it down and keep running but after a few drain downs the oil was diluted, they had to drain it all and use new oil.
What are you running on?
Poccur

Last edited:

Max Bladwin

I use it to charge my 120ah batteries when I am camping. Normally it runs 3 hours or less a daybwhile im camoing. I run it on eco mode and noticed after it stated making huge clouds of smoke. Checked the crankcase and noticed the overfill.
So run it on non ethanol gas?

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Run it on gasoline and you will be fine, but make sure that you have the correct orifice in the bottom of the carburetor. I will look when i get home at the manual but its the same one for high altitude.

Chainbreaker

What oil are you using? In this kit for the IG5000 unit they are using Amsoil 10-40 100% synthetic "High Zinc Formula".

Also, what's the history on your 2 gensets, vintage... hours...? Purchased new or Used?

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1MPG comes with two, tool free Jet Screws, for operations at varying elevations. RED for elevations from Sea level up to 2500 Ft. and BLUE for elevations from 2500 up to 5000 Ft. (The Blue jet screw is recommended for all elevations when gasoline is used as the primary fuel). The following procedures describe checking and installing the Tool Free Jet screws for operations at varying elevations
View attachment DRAFT OM-IG-1000-1MPG-USMC 11 Sept 2017 Email.pdf
Manual

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks