• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

installing a turbo a a non turbo

cessnatwin

any body have pics of the exhaust sytem and how it mounts when adding a turbo to a non turbo truck? I am in the process now, and the instruction page is worthless, real pictures would be great!

Last edited:

cessnatwin

I know all this and have the parts, I just need some pictures of how the brackets bolt up, I HAVE ALL PARTS, would just love some pics from under the air box on the frame rails! If any body can just snap a few pics and post them I can finish this job knowing I did it right!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for Military Vehicles Magazine issue #94 "How to: Turbo conversion for Deuces", December 2002, by yours truly, pictures, timing info etc...

cessnatwin

Divemaster thank you, now I know where that bent bracket and clamp goes! I am getting closer now!

Now, I have a 1.5 inch angle bracket and need to find where it goes! Is there anyway to get a pic of the flex pipe area and the cut out through the fender well? Thanks so much

cessnatwin

Yes it does! I wanted to make sure I cut out the right area, and if I didnt mount anything that might be needed. I have one angle bracket about an inch on each side that I do not know where it goes! Thank you TexAndy!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the real crappy photo, just went out in the bitter rain and cold (for FL) and got this with my phone and a lantern. Should help with the small bracket you have.

Attachments

SEAFIRE

Good Luck,
We added a D turbo to our M35A2 W/W some time back.

We had another engine to get the parts off of plus another truck with a turbo to look at.

We did have to re-time the fuel pump per the manual ( and help from the guys on here )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks