• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Pump replacement

rickf

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think, most helpfull is:
first:switch on the brain,
second: read the manual.
third: try to understand the manual,
forth: prepare the necessary tools and gaskets,
fifth: go through the project in your mind, remove and install the IP without tools, just thinking,
sixth: just do the job and you will succeed.

I worked for 14 years on a M1009 WITHOUT a manual, without a forum which I could ask, built special tools myself and beside that drove the truck 232,000 miles, without parts in the Autoparts store arround the corner. If I needed something, I had to plan in advance to get the neccessary parts during bussiness trips to the states, check arround which are the industry standard parts which might replace the stock parts etc., etc..
By the way, the injector pipes fit only in ONE location. If you start from the bottom, you are able to install them with standard wrenches. Think first!

Wolf
That is some of the best advise ever. Go through it several times in your mind until you are comfortable with it. That goes for any project automotive or otherwise.

Rick

Matt65

I finished mine a couple of weeks back. There are several pics on my profile page along with the contact info of a fine pump rebuilder that I used.

If you have no electric fuel pump to prime with, keep batteries on chargers and give the starter 10 min or so to breath between cranking.

I removed the injector lines at the injectors which made it easier to remove the pump.

Keep every thing clean.

Don't drop the IP bolts inside the engine when removing them.

While your in there replace old fuel line, and vacume tubes.

Dont loose the spring on the front of the IP shaft when removing.

Dont rotate the engine, or bump IP gear after the pump is removed.

Reduce your shift firmness at the IP if you bark the tires shifting into second like mine did. :)

Most importantly: Be patient, if you get lost come back here and ask questions- Good Luck!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks