• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

It's A Thing Of Beauty...

archmark

The holiday breaks gave me enough time to scrounge thru, unload and work my way to the bottom of the pile of NOS parts that I negotiated for when I bought my former M109A3/current M185A3 truck. So today I'm down to the bottom of the stack with only 5 rims with shot transport tires, a rusty medium tow bar, a NOS windshield with frames, a couple of NOS door glass with frames and one BIG ASS cardboard box resting on top of some of the rims remaining. I cut the tape, popped the staples, and wallah, I get my 1st look at the thing of beauty residing inside the carton...

IMG_0016.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0022.jpg

Yep, a brand spanking NOS genuine USGI hardtop assembly...

IMG_0017.jpgIMG_0018.jpgIMG_0021.jpg

The hardtop, glass and everything else, including a NOS power steering assembly, a NOS heater system, a NOS windshield washer system and a used fuel fired "heater out of an ambulance", that I have no idea if it can be adapted to heat my box, were purchased in 2011, at 2011 prices. After investigating what they'd cost to purchase today, I'm glad that I didn't let my hesitancy about spending any additional $$$ on the parts when I purchased the truck win out...

Rmtaunton

Thank you Andy !!!!! Means a lot hope I never have to make that call but we would laugh about the adventure later :) and same to you and all the guys that sighned that side cocer

rustystud

This ranks right up there with the guy who got a good running 1957 Corvette for $250.00 !!! True story ! My buddy was working at a gas station and I used to hang around until I had to go to work. One day an elderly lady came in who said she needed to sell here dead husbands car. We asked what it was and what was the condition. She said it was a 1957 Chevy and had been stored in the garage for years and since she was moving to California to live with her daughter she needed it gone. This was the Seventies so prices where different then. We all agreed it would be OK to sell for $250.00 since it hadn't been run in years. Several days later, a young 16 yr old kid came in looking for a cheap car. The lady had left here number at the station so my friend gave it to him. The next day this kid came in with a really nice 57 Corvette !!!
To this day I kick myself for not going to look at the car !!!
Now I need a hard top and low and behold this happens !!!
Hopefully before I die, I will have a story like your's to tell !!!
What a great Christmas gift !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks