• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jefferson City Here I come!

Milkman357

EUC sent June 15th, Got reply back tonight (25th)....Between 7-8pm Central, which I thought was weird. I pick it up Monday.

Thanks to the great info on SS I made a tow bar to haul it back if it don't drive.......
I've got some extra parts..... And know alot more what to look for.....

I'm taking my Camera, because we know without pics "The thread would be worthless"........If anybody wants anything in particular pictured....I need to know by 0400 Friday.....

:grin:

Milkman357

Wow 3......Sounds like a CONVOY!

Looks like I will be towing home with towbar...as my Helper isn't available Tuesday. Hope to be almost home by 1300..... Thanks for offer!

Milkman357

Mission success!

First thanks to everybody for the Tow Bar Idea/info. It really worked great. I could have drove CUCV home, but the towbar was better....Suburban has AC!

I accidentally got up to 70mph a few time...Mostly tried to keep it under 65. She followed real well. Some of the hills we slowed down to 50-55 mainly because I didn't want to highly rev my engine.

I might have spilled the beans to the GL rep, Mike Snell. I mentioned to him how the SS gang thought he was very helpful. He asked twice for website....so he may be looking us up.

The storage place was an active military storage area, but off base. The NG was unstacking trailer when I was there. Mike said the vehicles are very secure. I mentioned to him I was glad to see my Spare tire still there, just like the picture from the auction.

They jumped my CUCV, the Mike drove it behind my suburban. They helped me attach towbar to my vehicle as you have to have trailer ball just right. They watched me for a few minutes and let me finish my work of disconnection drive shaft...ect.

Good the Bad and Ugly. Rear window stuck, new spare tire, 80% tread on tires (need to be rotated front to back) Mismatched batteries (allready replaced), no window crank on drivers door (Replaced with exact match from Auto store), full tank of diesel, Underneath looks pretty good for 25 year old vehicle, Windsheild washer inop.... Surprised by tires... now get to cleaning inside so family can have rides!

The Other pics are of a members M109....

Attachments

DieselBob

Glad to hear it was uneventful recovery. Mike and the guys at the site where very nice to deal with when I hauled my deuce out of there.

Milkman357

Found issues...

Ok, allready replaced batteries.

Rear window crank inop, That little part that is between crank handle and actuator t-crank...if that make sense....

Rear Window was also uneven, so I had to disassemble and adjust linkages...
Of course I lubed tracks while it was apart.

The rear seat has an issue with the mounts.....Seat belts are there for kids, but They need cleaned......

Front window, below line of sight, rock chip.

All door weather seals, and window seals need replaced......

Drive shaft U-joint clunks.....

Alternator belt needs tightening....

On a better note, New spare tire. Mounting hardware is there. Plus I have a Short Lug wrench, Safety triangles.....no jack.

I did find a convoy order in Glove box from 8-31-08....So it was in service at that point.

I've had it up to 45 mph so far....It rides like a one ton military truck.

Regaurding the rear window.....I wonder if the part can be welded?

Milkman357

Title Came today!

Florida title came today July 27th.

Won truck from GL on June 11th. EUC sent July 15th. EUC back July 25th. Picked up June 30th. Title today.

I still havn't decided where to put rear license plate. Leaning toward removing pintle....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks